POSITION: Testing Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Coordinator Level, Full‐time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Testing Director
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVED: April 29, 2019
SUMMARY: The Center for the Assessment of Sign Language Interpretation will be undergoing major transition from current exam delivery system, which uses a combination of vendors and individual LTA contacts, to a single test delivery platform used by a national network of Local Test Administrators. This position is for a Testing Coordinator to both help manage the national LTA network, and to support CASLI’s daily operations by providing administrative and operational support to Local Test Administers (LTAs), to exam candidates, to the Testing Director, and to the CASLI Managing Board. The Testing Coordinator must have experience working independently as a highly organized, flexible (e.g. possibly available on weekends) “self-starter”, with excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks to the needs of the job and meet strict deadlines. The Testing Coordinator either should have – or be able to quickly learn – a good understanding of the roles and duties of an LTA, be able to recruit, train, and provide support for LTAs and be able to act as liaison between LTAs and the testing platform, and be able to address candidate, test site or test administration issues as they arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CUSTOMER SERVICE: The Testing Coordinator acts as the primary point of contact and support provider for candidates and Local Test Administrators (LTAs) during the registration, scheduling, and administering process to support the proper administration of exams. This requires excellent written communication and interpersonal communication (“soft”) skills. The Testing Coordinator will:
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from candidates, LTAs, and testing vendors in a timely manner. Provides support to LTAs and candidates throughout the exam process.
- Recruit, train, and support LTAs for the consistent administration of the CASLI Knowledge and Performance Exams nationwide. Addresses and troubleshoots any exam inconsistencies as they arise and after reports are submitted.
- Maintain the LTA manual and ensure all LTA are trained to administer CASLI exams.
- Resolve any LTA and candidate applications issues at test sites or with test delivery platform, as they arise
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES: The Testing Coordinator will have daily operational and administrative duties to:
- Use the customer relations management database (CRM) to add (or refund) payments, input exam prerequisites, and reconcile/process payments for raters and LTAs.
- Upload weekly eligible candidates lists and sends official exam results to RID’s certification department or uploads results to the Customer Relations Management Database. Process and upload results for current exams as needed.
- Assess testing complaints, appeals, and issues with test administrators or test sites and takes steps to resolve any issues that arise.
- Recommend policies and procedures, as needed, to maximize efficiency, quality, and consistency within CASLI operations.
- Process and upload exam results, including manual data entry when necessary.
- Extract and analyze database reports as requested.
OTHER DUTIES: The Testing coordinator will also have other duties critical to the operations of CASLI as assigned, such as:
- Maintain and update CASLI website ensuring accuracy and is current.
- Assist in arranging meetings, including logistics, preparation of meeting materials, etc., as needed.
- Employ measures to keep test materials and candidate identities confidential and secure.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Advanced to native ASL and strong written English Skills
- Two to four years of experience in administrative support and customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google application products.
- Master’s degree in a related field (business management, project management, assessment, etc.)
- Five years or more of experience in administrative support/customer service/project management or project coordination.
- Data entry or experience working with a CRM database.
LOCATION: CASLI offices are currently located within RID Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. This position may be on-site, or telework with the ability/willingness to travel on-site as needed.
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 to $55,000
Competitive compensation package
Employer provided Medical Insurance
Discounted Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flex spending account
Personal, annual, and sick leave with federal holidays
Public transit subsidy or parking
Professional development funds
Plum Benefits Program
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter (either typed, or in ASL), along with a resume/CV, and a list of references to careers@CASLI.org.
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2019 (or until filled)
The Center for the Assessment of Sign Language Interpretation, LLC, and the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc., are an equal opportunity employers.