***The CDI and NIC-Knowledge Exam have retired as of January 1, 2021 and information regarding the CDI and NIC Knowledge exam will be removed and/or archived .
Where to purchase
CASLI Exam System if you are taking the:
- CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam
- Gap test or completing the bridge plan module
- CASLI Generalist Performance Exam
- NIC-Interview and Performance Exam
- NIC-Performance Exam
If you have previously purchased one of these exams in your RID Member Portal, you must request that an exam be added to the CASLI Exam System. CASLI staff will verify the credit in your RID Member Portal and then transfer the exam to your account in the CASLI Exam System.
Please note: candidates are responsible for paying any difference between the original purchase price and the current exam price including any differences in regular/discounted price.
Candidates who have credit for a CDI-Knowledge exam in RID’s member portal will be assigned the CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam upon transfer to the CASLI Exam System.
Candidates who have credit for a NIC-Knowledge exam in RID’s member portal will be assigned the CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam upon transfer to the CASLI Exam System.
NIC-Interview and Performance Exam
Candidates who have credit for the NIC-Interview and Performance Exam in RID’s member portal will be assigned a NIC-Interview and Performance upon exam transfer to the CASLI Exam System.
RID Member Discount Rate
|CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam (CGKE) – Deaf Interpreters – First take||$280||$225|
|CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam (CGKE) – Deaf Interpreters – Retake||$190||$165|
|CASLI Generalist Performance Exam – Deaf Interpreters – First Take||$395||$310|
|CASLI Generalist Performance Exam – Deaf Interpreters – Retake||$365||$280|
|Fundamental of Interpreting OR Case Study – Deaf Interpreter – Retake||$125||$125|
|CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam (CGKE) – Hearing Interpreters – First take||$425||$325|
|CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam (CGKE) – Hearing Interpreters – Retake||$375||$275|
|Fundamental of Interpreting OR Case Study – Hearing Interpreters – Retake||$175||$175|
|NIC Interview & Performance /NIC-P – First Take||$510||$410|
|NIC Interview & Performance /NIC-P – Retake||$460||$360|
|CASLI Generalist Performance Exam – Hearing Interpreters – First take (Not available yet)||$510||$410|
|CASLI Generalist Performance Exam – Hearing Interpreters – Retake (Not available yet)||$460||$360|
For candidates to be eligible to take any exam for the Certified Deaf Interpreter certification, they must submit an audiogram showing a hearing loss of 65db or more in one or both ears. The audiogram does not need to be recent. The audiogram must contain the name of the applicant, the name of the audiologist/office that conducted the testing, and must show documentation of hearing status. Email audiogram to Testing@CASLI.org or upload their audiogram to their account in the RID Member portal. Failure to do this will result in being charged the rate for hearing interpreters and being denied the ability to complete the Deaf interpreter bridge plan/gap test and CASLI Generalist Performance Exam for Deaf Interpreters.
Membership Categories Eligible for RID Member Rates
- Student Members: Eligible for RID membership discount on both the knowledge and performance exams.
- Associate Members: Eligible for RID membership discount on both the knowledge and performance exams.
- Certified Members holding only an Ed:K-12 certificate are eligible for RID membership discount on both the knowledge and performance exams.
To receive the RID membership discount, the exam candidate needs to provide proof of membership to CASLI. This may be done by sending proof of current RID membership along with this form.
To do this, go into your RID member portal and at the home page, click on “Printable Member Card”:
A PDF of the membership card will become available for download. The card must be current and valid and the candidate’s name and RID member number on the membership card must match the CASLI Account information or the RID membership discount will NOT be applied to the exam registration fees.
Submit this documentation along with your Request for Exam to be Added to your CES Account Form.
If you do not submit proof of RID membership along with your Request for Exam to be Added to your CES Account Form, you will be charged the regular exam registration rate. If you wish you become a member of RID after you have purchased your exam at the regular rate, you may refund your original exam, along with a $15 process fee, and repurchase your Exam within CASLI Exam System.
CASLI no longer accepts checks or money orders for exam registration payment. All payments must be remitted by credit card or by Organizational Payment Token*. If there are any special considerations regarding exam registration payment, please contact us directly at Testing@CASLI.org or by calling 571-257-4761.
Candidates who have purchased a knowledge exam or performance exam through CASLI Exam System: These candidates have the ability to self-refund through CES using Stripe. Again, the refund option is limited to one year from the date the exam was purchased and will be paid back to the credit card the candidate initially used, minus a $15 processing fee. The candidate’s options are:
- Take the exam (using the Proctor Token number assigned and sent by email)
- Initiate a self-refund. The refund will be processed through Stripe with the $15 refund processing fee. The candidate may request a refund at any time within one year from the date of purchase.
- Forfeit the exam registration fees. After one year from the date the exam was purchased, the option to self-refund will be deactivated within CES and the exam fees are forfeited.
Candidates have one year from the date the exam credit is transferred from CRM to CES to:
- Take the exam (using the Proctor Token number assigned and sent by email)
- Request a refund. If the exam was purchased within the past two years of the request, the candidate is eligible for a refund with the $15 processing fee. If the exam was purchased more than two years prior to the date of the request, the candidate’s refund will be issued in the form of credit to be used for other products or services offered by RID. The candidate may request a refund at any time within one year from the date of credit transferred.
- Forfeit the exam registration fees. If the candidate does not take their exam nor do they email or call to formally request a refund, or otherwise do not communicate with CASLI their intentions, their exam registration fees will be forfeited entirely. The Authorization to Test Token assigned and emailed by CES will become invalid and unusable for any exam. Candidates will not receive a refund for exam fees if requested more than one year from the date the exam credit was transferred from CRM to CES.
Refunds will not be issued after an exam has been administered. An exam is considered administered to completion if a candidate went to the test site and completed the exam in its entirety, e.g. there were no technical or test site issues that prevented the administration of the exam. An exam that has been administered to a candidate, regardless if they have received their exam scores or not, is considered “services rendered” and will not be refunded for any reason, including appeal of exams results, regardless of the reason for the appeal.
Refunds are issued the way payment was rendered, e.g. Credit card purchases are refunded to the original payment card. If payment was made using an organizational account payment token, funds are returned to that organizational account.
Exams purchased though the RID Member Portal: If an exam was purchased through RID’s member portal/CRM, a refund, minus the $15 processing fee, will be issued if the exam was purchased within the past two years from today’s date. If the exam was purchase through RID’s member portal/CRM more than two years ago from today’s date, a refund will not be issued. However, it will be converted to credit amount on candidate’s RID account to be used for RID purchases such as membership dues, RID product/services, etc. For the amount to be converted to credit, there will still be a $15 processing fee which will be deducted from the credit.
Exams purchased through CASLI Exam System: A candidate who has purchased their exam through the CASLI Exam System may self-refund with a $15 processing fee to be deducted from refunds. Once the self-refund is processed the candidate will receive an email confirmation of the refund and the candidate’s uniquely assigned proctor authorization to test token will become invalid.