The Center for the Assessment of Sign Language Interpretation (CASLI, LLC) is excited to announce the release of the Deaf Interpreter Job Task Analysis Survey. In March, we hosted a focus group of Deaf Interpreter Subject Matter Experts who compiled all the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) needed for a Deaf interpreter to successfully work in the field today, and this is the second part of the Job Task Analysis study. The results of this JTA will be used to determine the content of a new examination that will be used for RID certification purposes. The results of this study will ensure that the new examination is an appropriate and valid assessment of Deaf interpreters.
- The survey is both in ASL and in English.
- This survey is for Deaf interpreters (both CDIs and DIs are welcome to participate; you do not need to be a member of RID to participate).
- The survey closes on June 15, 2018.
- Each person is asked that they only fill out the survey ONCE.
- The survey takes roughly 20 minutes. If you would like to save your progress and return to the survey at a later time you may do so.
- Any questions or concerns about the survey may be directed either to me at 703-988-4543 or Director@CASLI.org, or to DeafJTA@CASLI.org.