NIC Test Sites
CASLI has implemented Local Testing Administrators (LTA) sites across the nation and works with different sites to deliver the NIC Interview and Performance Exam. To be able to view Testing sites on our testing platform, please visit CASLI Exam System site
The NIC Interview and Performance Exam will be administered by a proctor that will assist with the logistics of the exam, including the test equipment and facilities.
Become a CASLI Test Site – for the NIC Interview and Performance Exam
The NIC Interview and Performance Exams is administered at different sites, implemented by CASLI, throughout the country. The test sites administer the Performance Exams year-round on a first come first serve basis, depending on availability of the site.
Hosting a test site and administering the exams involves a commitment of time and facilities; however, it is a valuable contribution to your fellow interpreters and can be a very rewarding experience.
Contact CASLI if you are interested in getting further information on having your location become a testing site.
What’s involved in becoming a test site?
Each test site should have a site coordinator to serve as the main contact for the site.
Site coordinators are responsible for:
- Maintaining a secure location for the test materials
- Scheduling testing appointments with candidates
- Scheduling Test Administrators or serving as a Test Administrator
- Ensuring there are adequate testing facilities for candidates
- Test sites should be able to offer at least 50 testing appointments per year.
- A quiet, private room for candidates to take exams
- Computer Specs of Intel Core 2 Duo or higher
- 21 inch monitor screen or larger
- High speed internet connection that is at least 10 mbps download / 10 mbps upload speed.