NIC Test Sites
CASLI works with PSI/Comira, a full-service, licensure, certification, and educational test service organization, to deliver the NIC Interview and Performance Exam. To view a list of test site locations, please visit CASLI Test Sites.
The NIC Interview and Performance Exam will be administered by a proctor that will assist with the logistics of the exam, including the test equipment and facilities.
Become a PSI Test Site – for the NIC Interview and Performance Exam
PSI Services administers NIC Interview and Performance Exams through a system of test sites located throughout the country. The test sites administer the Performance Exams year-round on a first come first serve basis, depending on availability of the site.
Hosting a test site and administering the exams involves a commitment of time and facilities; however, it is a valuable contribution to your fellow interpreters and can be a very rewarding experience.
Contact CASLI if you are interested in getting further information on having your location be registered as a testing site.
What’s involved in becoming a test site?
Each test site should have a site coordinator to serve as the main contact for the site.
Site coordinators are responsible for:
- Maintaining a secure location for the test materials
- Scheduling testing appointments with candidates
- Scheduling Test Administrators or serving as a Test Administrator
- Ensuring there are adequate testing facilities for candidates
- Test sites should be able to offer at least 50 testing appointments per year.
- A quiet, private room for candidates to take exams
- Computer Specs of Intel Core 2 Duo or higher
- 21 inch monitor screen or larger
- High speed internet connection that is at least 10 mbps download / 10 mbps upload speed.