POSITION: Staff Accountant – CASLI
CLASSIFICATION: Coordinator Level, Full-time, Salaried (with benefits), Exempt
REPORTS TO: RID Finance Manager
The Staff Accountant performs all day-to-day full-cycle accounting duties on behalf of CASLI, a subsidiary of RID. These duties include all general periodic accounting tasks. This position will primarily be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all scheduled accounting work on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. The Staff Accountant maintains up-to-date and organized accounting records, both electronically and in on-site paper files. The position coordinates with other staff as they interact with the various accounting processes. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for timely completion of routine accounting tasks, priorities, and projects for CASLI.
● Preparing and recording all cash deposits
● Reconciliation of exam tokens and revenue recognition for any usage
● Creating invoices, credit memos and works with the finance manager to monitor accounts receivable quarterly to ensure prompt payments from customers
● Enters vendor payment requests and related accounts payable tasks; cuts checks and submits electronic banking/ACH payments.
● Collects and enters organizational credit card transactions; files all receipts and card statements monthly.
● Manages the bank statement review and file organization process.
● Prepares journal entries and assists with the monthly closing process.
FINANCE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
● Provides annual audit preparation support
● Reviews, reconciles, and analyzes general ledger accounts
● Performs various reconciliations between databases and accounting software
● Works closely with the Finance Manager and Director of Finance to meet organizational demands related to accounting workflows
● Provides administrative and customer services support to internal and external stakeholders.
● Prepare financial materials and reports as requested.
● Performs ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed to support the organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This position requires demonstrated accounting and project management skills. This position balances a variety of competing responsibilities in a dynamic organizational environment.
● Self-starter who values clear and proactive communication with colleagues, thinks outside the box for solutions, and commands a strong attention to detail
● Experience with exam development lifecycles and managing intangible fixed assets strongly desired.
● Demonstrated proficiency or willingness to learn various accounting and software platforms, such as QuickBooks Non-Profit Enterprise, Microsoft CRM database, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Google Drive, Gmail, Zoom, Asana, and Slack
● Demonstrated integrity, tact, and good judgment in regard to handling confidential information and communicating with colleagues and organizational leadership.
● Strong business writing, time-management, organizational and multitasking skills
● Flexibility and the ability to prioritize appropriately in an environment with evolving priorities
● Ability to work independently, as well as part of an interdisciplinary and diverse team; take direction, commit to personal accountability, and meet strict deadlines.
● Communication skills: RID is a Deaf-friendly work environment, and staff must have the ability to communicate with colleagues in ASL.
● Most importantly, the Staff Accountant will bring their “why” with them to the position, and demonstrate a commitment to service for both internal and external stakeholders.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or a related field;
● At least two years of professional experience performing accounting or bookkeeping functions is preferred.
● Accounting-related professional certifications are a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a Coordinator-level position with a salary range starting at $51,000. Salary is based upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
RID offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
● Medical/dental/vision/ life insurance
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● 401(k) Retirement contribution matching
● Various paid and parental leave policies, and federal holidays off
● EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
● WMATA Smart Benefits
● Flexible schedules and opportunities to work from home
● Professional development support
● Support for staff volunteerism
If you are interested in the position, please send BOTH a cover letter/video and resume via e-mail, referencing “CASLI Staff Accountant” in the subject line, to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is 501(c)3 non-profit, and an equal opportunity employer.