CASLI is looking for a new Director of Testing!
POSITION: Testing Director
CLASSIFICATION: Director Level, Full‐time, Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: CASLI Board of Managers
POSITION SUMMARY: CASLI is a subsidiary of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc, and was created to serve as a separate testing entity charged with the administration, maintenance, and development of exams that RID uses for its certification program. The Testing Director is a key position within the organization. This position directs and oversees the administrative work of CASLI. In conjunction with the CASLI Board of Managers, the Director will coordinate exam development, maintenance, and administration projects; monitor and report on the progress of operations and budget management; supervise CASLI staff; manage vendor relations and contracts; provide support to the Board of Managers and Testing Committee(s); and participate in Board and committee meetings as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Test Development & Maintenance:
- Directs all aspects of exam development and maintenance to include the Job Task Analysis (JTA), working with the test development vendor(s), committee(s), and subject matter experts.
- Works closely with the contracted psychometrician to ensure all aspects of exam development, maintenance and candidates are addressed prioritizing best practices of exam administration and exam consistency, validity, and reliability.
- Works closely with the Testing Committee(s) to provide leadership, operational, technical, and administrative support. Assists with arrangements for volunteer meetings including logistics, meeting materials, etc.
- Leads, oversees and maintains the integrity and operational efficiency of the CASLI Exam System, the online test delivery platform used to administer CASLI exams. Communicates with platform vendors to resolve or address any deficiencies and suggest improvements within the CASLI Exam System.
- Manages and negotiates CASLI’s contracts with vendors, including creating project or technical specifications, researching and screening potential vendors, ensuring administrative and legal vetting of contracts, and engaging in contract negotiations.
- Communicates regularly with online test delivery vendors contracted to administer CASLI exams to resolve or address any deficiencies and suggest improvements within the administration of CASLI Exams.
- Manages and recruits the raters for the testing programs by conducting calls for raters, supporting the training and preparation of raters, monitoring conflicts of interest of raters, processing rater payments, and all other aspects of the rater component of the testing programs.
- Manages and supervises CASLI staff and conducts annual evaluations.
- Works closely with the Testing Coordinator to identify and resolve candidate or Local Test Administrator issues.
- Oversees the management of the CASLI Local Test Administrators (LTAs) Network, including recruitment, screening, quality assurance, and contracting with test sites for the administration of CASLI performance exams.
- Maintains the security and integrity of sensitive information and exam-related data for exam reporting.
- Ensures accurate exam records are transmitted to RID’s Certification department according to policies and procedures put in place.
- Works closely with RID’s Finance and Operations Division to ensure financial policies are documented and adhered to. Reviews CASLI’s financial reports and budget performance periodically.
- Assesses overall program efficiency and addresses any needs or gaps in collaboration with the CASLI Board of Managers.
- Recommends new or changes in existing policies and procedures to the CASLI Board of Managers to maximize quality and efficiency of exam administration and records management. Oversees the implementation of policies and procedures as approved by the Board.
- Works with the CASLI Board of Managers to develop the annual CASLI Budget.
- Prepares materials for the CASLI web site, the CASLI Exam System, and ensures that materials and information on the web site are accurate and up‐to‐date.
- Develops communications for disseminating information related to test development and maintenance of exams in collaboration with RID’s Communication’s Department.
- Assists candidates and other stakeholders by responding to queries and correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher – a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Technical proficiency across a wide array of software, applications, operating systems, etc. Experience with or ability to quickly learn database programs, WordPress, video editing, web-based applications, video conferencing software, including MS Office and Google Products, etc.
- Experience with – or ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of – issues of equity in the workplace and/or the interpreting field, implicit bias, systemic racism, etc.
- Native or near-native ASL and written English fluency.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a Director-level position, with a salary range starting at $70,000. Salary is adjusted based upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as budget constraints.
CASLI offers a range of desirable benefits, including:
- Medical/dental/vision/ life insurance
- Flexible Spending
- 401K Retirement contribution matching
- Various paid and parental leave policies, and federal holidays off
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Flexible schedules and telework
- Staff development funds
- Support for staff volunteerism
If you are interested in the position, please send both a cover letter and resume via e-mail, referencing “Testing Director” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH AUGUST 15, 2021.
The Center for the Assessment of Sign Language Interpretation (CASLI, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer.