POSITION: Testing Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Support Level, Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Testing Manager or Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVED:
SUMMARY: The Testing Specialist is the “front-line” staff that will support the daily operations of the organization by providing customer service and administrative/operational support to the Testing Coordinator and Testing Director. The Testing specialist will support the Testing Coordinator manage CASLI’s national Local Test Administrators (LTA) network, and to support CASLI’s daily operations by providing administrative and operational support to Local Test Administrators (LTAs), to the Testing Director, the Testing Committee and to the CASLI’s Board of Managers.
This position is a remote full-time position and requires experience working independently as a highly organized, flexible (e.g. possibly available on weekends) “self-starter”, with excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks to the needs of the job and meet strict deadlines. The Testing Specialist will achieve good understanding of the roles and duties of an LTA, be able to recruit, train, and provide support for LTAs, assist candidates with the exam registration process, and help troubleshoot any test site or test administration issues as they arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CUSTOMER SERVICE: The Testing Specialist will be the primary point of contact and support provider for exam candidates and will support the Testing Coordinator and Local Test Administrators (LTAs) during the registration, scheduling, and administering process. This requires excellent written communication and interpersonal communication (“soft”) skills. The Testing Specialist will:
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from candidates and test administrators in a timely manner.
- Communicates with vendors and test administrators regarding candidate information and to ensure the proper administration of exams.
- Provide support to candidates throughout the exam process.
- Upload weekly eligible candidate lists to testing vendors.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES: The Testing Specialist will have daily operational and administrative duties:
- Analyze and reconcile information, post information as needed. Identify and recommend policies and procedures, as needed, to maximize efficiency, quality, and consistency within CASLI operations.
- Maintain and update website materials and pages related to exam processes, ensuring accuracy and is current.
- Process exam request and verify candidate’s eligibility prior to assigning exams.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other RID departments (e.g. certification, accounting, member services etc.) as needed.
- Update candidate testing process cycle expiration dates and perform manual data entry as necessary.
- Extract and analyze database reports and support Testing Coordinator with monthly reconciliation for exam payment, rater payment, and LTA payment.
- Assist in arranging volunteer meetings, including logistics, preparation of meeting materials, etc.
- Recommend and make changes to operational procedure as needed to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Consistently employ measurers to keep exam content and candidate identities confidential and secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Advanced to native ASL and strong written English skill
- Administrative support, customer service, and data entry experience is a plus
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and has proficient time management skills
- Capable of taking directions, prioritizing tasks, and meeting strict deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to think critically and apply effective problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google application products
- Database experience is a plus
- Capable of interacting effectively and employing sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy with staff members of the Board of Directors, Board of Managers, committee(s), stakeholders, volunteers, candidates, and visitors
LOCATION: This position is telework but may be on-site or with the ability to travel on-site as needed. CASLI offices are currently located within RID Headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
SALARY RANGE: $41,000-$51,000 depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2021
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter and resume to Careers@CASLI.org