On the Day of the NIC Interview and Performance Exam
Candidates must complete the following steps in order to take the NIC Interview and Performance Exam.
Grounds for Candidate Dismissal from Test Site
Any candidate who engages in any form of misconduct or does not comply with the test administrator’s warnings to discontinue inappropriate behavior may be immediately dismissed from the test site. Some examples of misconduct are:
- Creating a disturbance, using abusive language, or being uncooperative or disrespectful
- Attempting to take the examination for someone else
- Using any prohibited aids that would provide an advantage while taking the exam
- Tampering with the operation of the exam recording equipment or stimulus materials
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind
Dismissal from a test site due to misconduct forfeits the exam and all related fees. The candidate would then be required to register and pay for the exam again in order to sit for it in the future, as long as CASLI determined that the candidate’s behavior did not warrant a permanent ban from taking the exam.