APPEAL OF TEST CONDITIONS/EXAM ADMINISTRATION
CASLI will review appeals related to exam administration only, such as CASLI testing policy or procedure violations, testing equipment or materials malfunction, or environmental problems. Appeals can be considered on the basis of:
- Misinformation regarding testing arrangements (e.g. test taker given wrong location, time, etc.)
- Test administrator error (e.g. misinformation given to test taker, changing site information without informing test taker, unprofessional conduct, failure to follow guidelines in test administration manual, etc.)
- Equipment malfunction (e.g. equipment failure, inappropriate equipment, etc.)
- Environmental factors (e.g. unbearable temperature in test room; excessive, distracting loud noises, power outage, etc.)
- Damaged exam materials
- Unavoidable catastrophic events (e.g. death of an immediate family member; doctor’s verification of accident, illness or hospitalization, etc.)
- Natural disaster (e.g. earthquake, fire, snowstorm, etc.)
Prior to beginning the exam, candidates are required to read and sign a Candidate Agreement Form, acknowledging acceptance of the exam room and testing conditions. If there are any significant changes during the exam, that they are responsible for notifying the test administrator. After the completion of the exam, candidates are also required to fill out a Candidate Reporting Form of their NIC Interview and Performance Exam experience. If any technical or test site issues occur during the administration of the NIC Interview and Performance Exam that may have had a detrimental impact on the candidate’s performance, appeal of the test conditions must be submitted within three (3) days from when the exam was administered.
APPEAL OF EXAM RESULTS
Exam appeals will not be considered on the basis of rater judgment (Motion 96.03).
APPEALS BASED ON OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES
To make an appeal, describe the incident or circumstances as fully and clearly as possible. Appeals can be submitted to CASLI via email at Testing@CASLI.org, postal mail at 333 Commerce Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, or fax at (703) 838-0454. Appeal decisions will be sent to the email address on file in the candidate’s account. Appeals can take up to 30 days for processing.