Please spread this to Washington DC/DC-MD-VA-area folks you think may be interested in this project! We’re in need for both Deaf and hearing people to play the roles of consumers in our scenarios.
CASLI, LLC, is seeking acting talents for various roles in our National Interpreter Certification performance exams.
We are seeking both Deaf and hearing actors to play various parts in scenarios that will be used to assess candidates interpreting skills for their national certification examination. These roles vary and will be of Deaf consumers, hearing consumers, ASL-English Interpreters and professionals in general community settings that involve ASL and or ASL-English interpretation.
Project Dates/Duration/Location: We will be filming Friday November 12, 2021 to Sunday November 14, 2021. We will be filming in the Alexandria, VA area. Talents may not be needed for the entire time.
Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in this project, interpreters or talent must either already be certified under the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf OR agree to not pursue ASL-English Interpreter certification or National Interpreter Certification (NIC) taking CASLI exams. Talent will be compensated for their time depending on their role.
Compensation: Compensation will be paid on a “per half day” basis. Compensation is paid on a basis of $200 per half day for roles that involve dialogue.
Agreements: All actors will be required to sign a legally binding nondisclosure agreement and media release form prior to beginning any work with us. For payment processing, actors will be required to submit a W-9 form to us, as well.
- 4 – 6 Hearing people/consumers. These roles are of varying ages, mostly middle-aged adults, male or female, and of culturally/ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- 3 Deaf people/consumers – These roles are of varying ages mostly middle-aged adults, male or female, and of culturally/ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Contact: Please contact Sean Furman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling VP 571-257-4761 with any questions or if you are interested!
- Please send a photo/headshot of yourself
- Indicate your language fluency or which language(s). If you can, please send any video sample of yourself signing or talking (please no more than 2 minutes)
- Describe any experience you may have in acting, if any (not required), and
- Provide your general availability for November 12 – 14th weekend (e.g. available on Saturday, but not Friday, etc).
Again, if you have any questions, please contact Sean Furman at email@example.com or VP 571-257-4761
Please also feel free to share this email with people you think may be interested in working on this project with us. We are especially looking to include members from underrepresented communities (BIPOC, LGBTQ, disabilities, seniors, etc.).