Retakes and Appeals for the NIC Interview and Performance Exam
NIC INTERVIEW AND PERFORMANCE EXAM RETAKES
You have five (5) years from the date you passed your NIC Knowledge Exam to take and pass your NIC Interview and Performance Exam. If you fail the NIC Interview and Performance Exam and are still within your five (5)-year certification process, you may apply for, pay for, and retake the NIC Interview and Performance Exam after a six (6)-month waiting period. The six (6)-month waiting period begins from the date you originally took the NIC Interview and Performance Exam; this is regardless of when you received your exam results. You will not be able to purchase the retake exam online until the six (6) months has passed. If you purchase the exam before the six (6) months and also schedule your exam before that time then you will forfeit the exam and all related fees. There is a reduced price for exam retakes purchased after the New Applicant Exam fee.
If it has taken longer than five (5) years since your most recent passing of the NIC Knowledge Exam, you must start the certification process over and take the NIC Knowledge Exam again, including having to pay the New Applicant exam fees (full price for the exam).
NIC INTERVIEW AND PERFORMANCE EXAM APPEALS
CASLI will review appeals related to exam administration only, such as RID/CASLI testing policy or procedure violations, testing equipment or materials malfunction, or environmental problems. Appeals can be considered on the basis of:
- Misinformation regarding testing arrangements (e.g., test taker given wrong location, time, etc.)
- Test administrator error (e.g., misinformation given to test taker, changing site information without informing test taker, unprofessional conduct, failure to follow guidelines in test administration manual, etc.)
- Equipment malfunction (e.g., equipment failure, inappropriate equipment, etc.)
- Environmental factors (e.g., unbearable temperature in test room; excessive, distracting loud noises, power outage, etc.)
- Damaged exam materials
- Unavoidable catastrophic events (e.g., death of an immediate family member; doctor’s verification of accident, illness or hospitalization, etc.)
- Natural disaster (e.g., earthquake, fire, snowstorm, etc.)
Exam appeals will not be considered on the basis of rater judgment (Motion 96.03).
TIMELINE FOR APPEALS: After the NIC Interview and Performance Exam has been completed, the candidate will be required to fill out and sign a Candidate Agreement Form and a Candidate Reporting Form at the test site. It is on the Candidate Reporting Form that technical issues or test site issues, if any, must be reported. Appeals based on technical or test site issues MUST be made within three (3) days of exam completion. If appeals based on technical or test site issues are not made within that three (3) day window, then eligibility for an appeal is forfeited. Please also note that eligibility for an exam appeal does not guarantee that the appeal will be approved. CASLI reserves the right to approve appeals on a case-by-case basis.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPEAL: If Option C on the Candidate Reporting Form was selected, appeals based on technical or test site issues can be emailed either directly to CASLI.Appeals@psionline.com and/or to Testing@CASLI.org. Please include details such as when and where the test was taken and descriptions of the testing incidents or testing conditions as fully and clearly as possible. For all other appeals, email Testing@CASLI.org describing circumstances or conditions as fully and clearly as possible.