POSITION: Testing Director
CLASSIFICATION: Director Level, Full‐time, Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: CASLI Board of Managers
SUMMARY: By working collaboratively with the Deaf and interpreter communities in defining professional standards and metrics, CASLI, a subsidiary of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), is established for the purpose of development and delivery of testing that assesses the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competence of signed language interpreters for the RID Certification Program.
The Testing Director oversees all CASLI administrative activities and, working in conjunction with and for the CASLI Board of Managers, coordinates exam development, maintenance, and administration; prepares reports for the CASLI Board of Managers regarding the progress of operations and budget management; supervises the CASLI staff; works with vendors, soliciting proposals as necessary and assisting with the vetting and contract negotiation process; provides support and technical assistance to the Board of Managers and Testing Committee(s); and participates in Board/committee meetings as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Test Development and Administration:
- Manages all aspects of exam development to include the Job Task Analysis (JTA), working with the test development vendor(s), committee(s), and subject matter experts.
- Provides technical assistance to testing committee as required.
- Manages the Testing Specialist and conducts annual evaluations.
- Manages CASLI’s work with vendors, inclusive of proposal/bid processes, screening, contract vetting and approval.
- Manages the raters for the testing programs, inclusive of recruitment, training, monitoring and payments.
- Maintains the security and integrity of sensitive information and exam-related data for exam reporting.
- Ensures accurate exam records are transmitted to RID’s Certification Program.
- Works collaboratively with RID’s Finance and Operations Division to monitor and reconcile CASLI’s finances.
- Develops Strategic Communications Plans for disseminating information related to test development and maintenance of exams.
- Recommends policies and procedures to the Board of Managers to maximize testing quality and efficiency.
- Oversees the implementation of approved policy and procedures for the Testing Programs.
- Works with testing service providers to identify and resolve candidate issues.
- Maintain and Update the CASLI website.
- Responds to queries and correspondence from candidates and stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Arranges for volunteer leadership meetings including logistics, meeting materials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- ASL and written English fluency required.
- Experience in testing and exam development.
- Experience with database programs.
- Experience in leadership and supervision of professional staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Experience in working with professional volunteers.
- Experience in working with a governing board or Board of Directors preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective diplomacy and customer service skills.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
Additional Required Abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team‐based environment.
- Ability to manage projects with autonomy.
- Able to take direction, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact effectively and employ sensitivity, tact and diplomacy with staff, members of the board of directors, managing board, committee(s), stakeholders, volunteers, candidates and visitors.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2017.
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.