CASLI is looking for a new Testing Specialist to assist the Director of Testing!
POSITION: Testing Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Support Level, Full‐time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: CASLI Director of Testing
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVED: February 2017
SUMMARY: The Testing Specialist supports the daily operations of the organization by providing administrative and operational support to the Director and CASLI Managing Board.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to phone, e‐mail and written inquiries from candidates in a timely manner. Prepares correspondence and reports as needed.
- Communicates with vendors, test site coordinators, and test administrators to ensure the proper administration of exams.
- Identifies and resolves candidate problems throughout the exam process.
- Sends and receives test materials from test locations and administrators for both written and performance exams.
- Works with testing services provider to resolve application and candidate issues and assesses testing complaints, testing conditions and other candidate issues with test administrators.
- Reconcile information and identify improvement strategies.
- Assists the department by ensuring the website materials related to exam processes are accurate and current.
- Assists the department to develop and send newsletters to test administrators as needed.
- Processes exam and test administrator applications, including application data entry and payment transactions.
- Processes exam results including exam data entry.
- Extracting and analyzing database reports
- Assists with arranging for volunteer meetings, to include logistics, meeting materials, etc.
- Recommends policies and procedures to maximize quality and efficiency as needed.
- Consistently employs measures to keep test materials and candidate identity confidential and secure.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or higher
- ASL and written English fluency strongly preferred.
- Administrative support, customer service and data entry experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team‐based environment
- Flexibility and excellent time management skills
- Ability to take direction, prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to think critically and applies effective problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products
- Database experience is a plus
- Ability to interact effectively and employ sensitivity, tact and diplomacy with staff, members of the Board of Directors, Board of Managers, committee(s), stakeholders, volunteers, candidates and visitors
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Elijah Sow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.